Now you can acquire knowledge about child care and nursery management, from the comfort of your home!
Do you want to learn about Child Care and develop the skills to become a Nursery Manager?
If you`re planning to work with young children in a nursery, this course can help you improve your skills and give you a great start for growing into a managerial role.
· Discover how to provide a healthy and inspiring care environment for toddlers and young children
· Learn about the nature of children`s development and develop a sound and well-informed approach to child care · Improve your knowledge of health and safety and safeguarding young children in your care
· Learn to become an effective and skilful nursery manager
All course materials will be delivered to you so it could not be easier. Our student friendly tutors will help you throughout the course. You can study at your own pace and deliver the coursework by post email, so handing in an assignment is convenient.
Remote learning is simple and hassle-free, so register with us today!
UNIT 1: HEALTHY LIVING
· What is a `healthy lifestyle?`
· Healthy eating
· Activities for young children
· Wellbeing for children and their families
UNIT 2: CHILD CARE AT HOME
· Documentation required for a home child care business
· Intellectual development
· Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
· Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
UNIT 3: BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS
· Current legal requirements
· Respecting and valuing individuality
· How to deal with conflict
UNIT 4: HEALTH PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT
· Types of foods that should be avoided
· Special dietary requirements
· Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
· Government guidelines on food and nutrition
UNIT 5: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES WITHIN THE CHILD CARE SETTING
· Data Protection Act
· Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
· Methods and systems for recording financial information
· Tax and VAT
· Storing data
UNIT 6: DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING
· Using ICT
· Safety concerns
· Literacy, language and communication
· Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
· Physical development
· Personal, social and emotional development
· Creative development
NURSERY MANAGEMENT LEVEL 3: UNIT 1: THE MANAGEMENT OF NURSERY STAFF
· Effective communication
· The appraisal process and logging staff records
· Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
· Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
UNIT 2: SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
· Definition of child abuse
· Forms of child abuse
· Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
· Roles and responsibilities of staff
· Reporting an incident
· The child protection conference
UNIT 3: HEALTHY AND SAFETY FOR CHILDREN AND STAFF
· Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
· Health and safety at different stages of child development
· Procedures for good hygiene
· First aid
UNIT 4: THE EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE: CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT
· Types of learning
· Detrimental issues and learning
· The importance of differentiation
· Planning learning with the support of assessments
UNIT 5: CREATING A POSITIVE NURSERY ENVIRONMENT
· Summative assessments
· Referral to third parties
· Risk assessment
· Communication for play and learning
UNIT 6: SUPPORTING AND PLANNING SELF-DIRECTED PLAY
· The play cycle
· The importance of play for young children
· Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
· Outdoor play space
· Indoor play space
· Health and safety for the play space
The course is assessed by means of written assignments that are marked by your tutor. You do not need to appear for an external examination.
You can start at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is estimated to take 160 hours to complete. This offers you sufficient time to complete your studies at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The online studies mean that you can study from home and enables you to fit your studies around your lifestyle. You will receive a course manual, study guide, assignments and complete tutor support.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end, the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UKDLP to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
You do not need any prior knowledge to register onto this course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF MY COURSE?
· Study guide
· Comprehensive study notes
· Personal tutor support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· FREE CV writing service
· FREE NUS Extra card
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Everything you need is included in the price!
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us.