Improve your knowledge and understanding of Child Care, from the convenience of your home!
Develop your understanding of different types of child care settings, such as nursery, pre-school, and child-minding from home
· Improve your understanding about the regulatory requirements of caring for children
· Learn about the growth and development of babies and young children
· Understand how to provide babies and young children with a healthy and nurturing care environment
The course materials will be delivered to you, so it could not be more convenient. Our student friendly tutors will be there to help you throughout the program. You may start any time and will have 12 months to complete your studies. You can work at your own pace. The coursework can be delivered via email, so submitting an assignment is easy.
Improve your career prospects and equip yourself with the skills you need for your career success. Remote learning is simple and hassle-free, so register with us today!
UNIT 1 HEALTHY LIVING
· What is a `healthy lifestyle?`
· Healthy eating
· Activities for young children
· Wellbeing for children and their families
UNIT 2 CHILD CARE AT HOME
· Documentation required for a home child care business
· Intellectual development
· Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
· Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
UNIT 3 BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS
· Current legal requirements
· Respecting and valuing individuality
· How to deal with conflict
UNIT 4 HEALTH PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT
· Types of foods that should be avoided
· Special dietary requirements
· Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
· Government guidelines on food and nutrition
UNIT 5 ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES WITHIN THE CHILD CARE SETTING
· Data Protection Act
· Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
· Methods and systems for recording financial information
· Tax and VAT
· Storing data
UNIT 6 DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING
· Using ICT
· Safety concerns
· Literacy, language and communication
· Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
· Physical development
· Personal, social and emotional development
· Creative development
You are given regular written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. You do not need to appear for any external examination.
You may start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. The course is estimated to take 100 hours to complete. This is sufficient time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will complete this course by online learning. This will enable you to learn anytime and from anywhere. You can study from home or work; it is entirely up to you. All course materials will be delivered to you online. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end, the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UKDLP to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
You do not need any previous knowledge to register onto this course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
· Study guide
· Comprehensive study notes
· Personal tutor support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· NUS Extra student discount card
· CV writing service
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Everything you need is included in the price.
WHAT DO I DO IF I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us.