Develop understanding about child psychology, from the comfort of your home!
Register forthis most fascinating area of psychology, which is vital for knowledge of social development, child care and education.
· Acquire an insight into the minds, development and behaviour of children, from babies to pre-school age and beyond.
· Learn from the real-life applications of child psychology in a wide range of careers and parenthood.
· All course materials will be delivered to you via email, so it couldn`t be easier. Our friendly tutors will help you throughout this course by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered via email, so submitting your assignment is easy.
Improve your career prospects and equip yourself with the skills you need for your career success. Remote learning is easy and hassle-free so register with us today
UNIT 1 DEFINING CHILD PSYCHOLOGY
· How can we define childhood?
· Historical perspectives of childhood
· Emergence of psychology
· Psychoanalytical perspective
· Classical conditioning
· Changing behaviour
· The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
· Research methods in psychology
· Child psychology tools
UNIT 2: FORMING RELATIONSHIPS IN CHILDHOOD
· Nature/nurture debate
· Bowlby`s theory
· Innate programming
· Different types of attachment
· Disruption of attachment
· The child`s first relationship
UNIT 3 PERCEPTION, COGNITION AND LANGUAGE
· Understanding language
· Cognitive structure and input
· Plurals,syntax and grammar
· The relevance of language to child psychology
· Vision and cognitive development
· Hearing and cognitive development
UNIT 4 EMOTIONAL, SOCIAL AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT
· Social learning theory
· Cognitive priming
· Kohlberg`s perspective
· Eisenberg`s perspective
· Emotion and morality
· Temperament and emotional development
MODULE 5 CHILDREN`S MINDS
· Memory and memory processes
· Short and long term memory
· Models of memory
· Prenatal memory and learning
· From memory to mental activity
· The organisation of children`s minds
· How children view others in their world
· How does all this relate to child psychology?
UNIT 6 MOVING TOWARDS ADULTHOOD
· Having a sense of gender
The Child Psychology course is assessed through regular written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. You do not need to appear for any external examination.
You may start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. We estimate about 80 hours will be required to complete this course. This is sufficient time and offer you flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by online learning, which will allow you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will provided to you. You will also receive tutor support throughout the program.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end, the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UKDLP to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
You do not need any prior knowledge to register onto this course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF MY COURSE?
· Study guide
· Comprehensive study notes
· Personal tutor support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· NUS Extra student discount card
· CV writing service
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Everything you need is included in the price!
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us