Learn about everything a legal secretary needs to know in this Level 3 course. You can study this from the convenience of you home!
. Legal Secretaries facilitate the smooth running of law firms and can earn up to £30,000 per annum
· They can also work in barristers` chambers, local authorities and legal departments in larger companies
· This program will focus on developing your knowledge and skills to work as a Legal Secretary
· You will learn about the development of law, how it changes, and a range of legal matters such as mortgages and wills
The course materials will be delivered to you, so it could not be more convenient. Our student friendly tutors will help you throughout the course.
You may register at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered via email, so submitting an assignment is easy. Improve your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for success in this role.
Online learning is simple and problem-free, so register with us today!
UNIT 1: WORKING IN THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT
· Different types of Lawyer
· The legal environment
· The Solicitors office
· The role of the Legal Secretary
· Key skills · Office procedure
· Office equipment
· Alternative business structure under new Legal Services Act 2007
UNIT 2: THE COURTS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
· Rights of audience
· Right to conduct litigation
· The court system
· Alternative dispute resolution
UNIT 3: SOURCES OF LAW
· Law reporting
· Institutions of the European Union
UNIT 4: PRINCIPLES OF LIABILITY
· Elements of criminal liability
· Elements of a contract
· Contract formalities
· Contractual terms
· Discharge of contract
· The law of tort
· Advice and representation
UNIT 5: PRINCIPLES OF DEBT RECOVERY
· Pre-action matters
· Issuing proceedings
· Start of proceedings
· Action by Defendant
· Claimant`s reply to defence
· Enforcement of judgements
UNIT 6: ASPECTS OF NON-CONTENTIOUS WORK
· Wills and probate
· The function of the executor(s)
· Land law
· Co-owner ship
The Legal Secretary course is assessed by means of regular written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. You do not need to appear for an external examination.
You may start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. We estimate the course to take about 80 hours to complete. This offers sufficient time and offers flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for online learning from home or work. Students will receive a course manual, assessment details, a study guide and a stationery pack, as well as full tutor support.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Level 3 NCFE certificate of achievement. That means that it is independently accredited at a level of learning equivalent to level 3 on The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (where level 2 and 3 courses are similar in difficulty to GCSEs and A Levels, respectively, and where level 4 courses are slightly more challenging than an A-level).
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
You do not need any prior knowledge to register onto this course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF MY COURSE?
· Comprehensive study guide
· Dedicated personal tutor support
· Dedicated student support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· Exclusive Open Study College Pen
· Student study planner
· Three colour highlighter
· Student notebook
· Document wallet
· FREE NUS Extra card worth £12.00
· FREE CV writing service
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Everything you need is included in the price!
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us.