Gain skills and develop your knowledge by registering for the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Payroll course. You can do it from the comfort of your home!
This course will enable you to:
· Understand what payroll information is
· Discover data protection legislation and employment rights
· Learn to set up a payroll record for a new employee
· Learn to produce income tax forms
· Understand what constitutes basic pay for different payroll periods ·
Develop knowledge of gross pay
· Explain statutory and non-statutory payments and additions
· Study how to deal with the termination of employment
· Know how to calculate gross pay
· Understand how to create an employee payroll record
· Learn how to process leavers
· Understand payroll processing
· Develop an understanding of the computerised payroll theory
· Explain how to back up and update systems when required
This course covers all the fundamentals of payroll and allows you to earn a nationally recognised qualification from the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers).
Payroll is the arrangement, processing and recording of employees` salaries, and plays a vital role in the running of any organisation.
The Payroll Level 2 Certificate is ideal:
· If you are new to Payroll, or have some experience of payroll before
· If you wish to update and increase your skills in Payroll
· If you wish to progress in your career by gaining a Payroll qualification
All course materials will be delivered to you, so it could not be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you throughout the course. Achieve your dream career and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long term success. Online learning is easy and problem free, so register today!
UNIT 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF EMPLOYMENT LEGISLATION FOR PAYROLL - F5051274 (2 CREDITS)
· Know what payroll information is
· Data protection legislation
· Employment rights legislation
UNIT 2: COMPOSITION OF AN EMPLOYEE PAYROLL RECORD – Y5051233 (2 CREDITS)
· Setting up a payroll record for a new employee
· P11 deduction sheet or equivalent
· Income tax forms
· Aligning employer data with HMRC records
UNIT 3: ELEMENTS OF GROSS PAY – K5051236 (2 CREDITS)
· Understand what constitutes basic pay for different payroll periods
· Principles of calculating overtime payments
· Gross pay from additional payments
· Temporary and permanent changes to rates of pay
UNIT 4: STATUTORY AND NON-STATUTORY PAYMENTS AND ADDITIONS – M5051254 (3 CREDITS)
· PAYE system.
· National Insurance system
· Student Loan deductions
· Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
· Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
· Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP)
· Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP and SPP(A))
· Attachment of Earnings Orders (AOE)
· Completing period end payroll procedures
UNIT 5: TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT – F5051243 (1 CREDIT)
· Understand what constitutes a leaver.
· Know the amendments to make to a leaver’s final pay
UNIT 6: CALCULATE GROSS PAY – H5051235 (3 CREDITS)
· Basic pay for different payroll periods
· Overtime payable from given information
· Additional payments from given information
· Implement permanent changes to rates of pay from given organisational information
· Implement relevant statutory additions to pay when entitlement has been determined
UNIT 7: CREATING AN EMPLOYEE PAYROLL RECORD – L5051228 (1 CREDIT)
· Prepare a payroll record for a new employee
· Complete relevant statutory forms for a new employee
UNIT 8: PROCESSING LEAVERS – T5051241 (1 CREDIT)
· Gross pay for a leaver
· Complete internal procedures and those necessary for external agencies and statutory bodies, for a leaver
UNIT 9: PAYROLL PROCESSING – T5051238 (5 CREDITS)
· HMRC approved tools
· National insurance contributions to be deducted from gross pay
· Voluntary deductions and non-standard statutory deductions
· Relevant pay period reports
· Record and reconcile payments
· Deductions to employees and external agencies
UNIT 10: COMPUTERISED PAYROLL THEORY – L5051276 (2 CREDITS)
· Health and safety and security risks
· Security of data within a computerised environment
· Organisational procedures for processing payroll in a computerised environment
· Statutory requirements for submitting information
UNIT 11: COMPUTERISED PAYROLL SKILLS – Y5051278 (4 CREDITS)
Process information on starters, leavers and changes to current employees Process payroll accurately on a pay period basis Back up and update systems when required
This courses is assessed by a mixture of methods, which include two tutor marked assignments, an online knowledge test and an examination. The exam can be taken at one of the IAB’s approved test centres, which are available throughout the UK.
You may start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. We estimate the course to take about 240 hours to complete. This offers sufficient time and offers flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as tutor support by email.
Upon full completion of the course, you will achieve Level 2 Certificate in Payroll (QCF). That means that you will have gained a level 2 nationally recognised qualification approved by the regulatory authorities of England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA). IAB stands for the International Association of Bookkeepers, which is an awarding body of qualifications and a professional association for qualified bookkeepers.
WHAT SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE DO I NEED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS PROGRAM?
It is assumed that all learners will have at least a basic understanding of the principles from Level 1, or have the Level 1 Payroll qualification.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
· Comprehensive study guide
· Past papers and model answers
· Dedicated personal tutor support
· Dedicated student support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· Exclusive Open Study College Pen
· Student study planner
· Three colour highlighter
· Student notebook
· Document wallet
· FREE NUS Extra card worth £12.00
· FREE CV writing service
DO I HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM?
You have the option of taking the formal IAB examination to gain the full qualification. If you prefer to study without assessment, we can still provide you with a certificate proving your completion of the course.
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
If you choose to register with IAB and sit the external examination, there will be an additional small charge payable directly to the IAB and your chosen assessment centre.
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us