Boost your career with a Sage 50 Accounts qualifications and become fully competent in all areas of accounts.
The course is fully accredited by SAGE and provides international recognition of your accounts training. It enables you to demonstrate a high level of knowledge on your curriculum Vitae.
You get FREE Sage 50 Workbook Software as part of your course, allowing you to put everything you learn into practice.
The course covers the following three stages: STAGE I
· Gain familiarity with the Sage 50 Accounts user interface
· Learn how to use password protection and how to restrict user access
· Learn about basic configuration, financial year settings, and setting up tax codes
· Discover how to create, amend and delete nominal accounts
· Learn how to create bank, cash and credit card accounts
· Understand the role of the Chart of Accounts, and how to amend it
· Learn to create departments
· Understand how to create, amend and delete customer and supplier accounts
· Be able to enter opening balances for nominal, customer and supplier accounts
· Learn how to enter supplier invoices and credit notes
· Be able to post supplier payments including printing remittance advices, cheques and using e-banking
· Gain knowledge about creating and printing service invoices and credit notes for customers
· Develop ability to post customer receipts and learn to manage the Sales Ledger, including disputing invoices
· Learn to post supplier payments and understand how to manage the Purchase Ledger
· Learn about contra entries
· Get familiar with posting bank and cash transactions
· Learn how to save time by using Recurring Entries
· Understand how to interrogate data using searches to enable more accurate reporting
· Learn how to check and safeguard data using backups
· Understand how to correct errors
· Know how to post and correct Journal Entries
· Learn to process customer payments and supplier refunds
· Understand how to perform a bank reconciliation
· Learn how to manage credit control, including statements and overdue letters
· Gain knowledge about writing off bad debts and perform a VAT reclaim
· Learn how to set up the Fixed Asset Register, post depreciation journals and dispose of fixed assets
· Know how to post prepayments and accruals
· Develop ability to produce financial reports, including the Profit & Loss report and Balance Sheet
· Learn how to set budget information and use departments for additional analysis
· Understand how to produce, check and submit a VAT Return
· Learn how to prepare for, and run the Year End routine
· Be able to create multiple company accounts for associated companies or branches
· Understand how to Integrate Sage 50 Accounts with Microsoft Office
· Know how to plan and maintain stock records, post opening balances and record adjustments
· Know how to set up multiple delivery addresses for your company, your customers and suppliers
· Be familiar with the purchase order cycle, know how to process from entry to delivery & match & post invoices to orders
· Understand product pricing and discount structures
· Be familiar with the sales order cycle, know how to process from entry to despatch & link to other areas of Sage 50
· Know how to perform stock takes, process stock adjustments and deal with stock returns and stock month end journals · Know how to use the Bill of Materials function to assemble finished goods from stocked components
· Be able to produce product invoices and credit notes
· Be able to produce quotes and pro-forma’s
· Be able to produce repeat invoices using recurring transactions, skeletons and duplicates
· Know how to run a stock year end and make global changes
· Know how to produce foreign currency orders, create foreign currency price lists and generate Intrastat reports
This course is assessed by written assignments that are marked by your tutor. You will also need to complete an online SAGE exam for each level of the course.
You may start at any time and have 18 months to complete your studies. We estimate the course to take about 240 hours to complete. This offers sufficient time and offers flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for online learning from home or work. Students will receive all course materials, including software and a study guide. You will also receive full tutor support.
In order to earn the Sage qualifications, you will need to appear for the online Sage exams. Upon completion, you will gain official Sage level I, II & III certificates as proof of your Sage Accounts training. If you wish to study this course without official assessment, we can still provide you with a certificate of completion.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
You are expected to have some bookkeeping skills.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF MY COURSE?
· Sage 50 workbook software
· Comprehensive study guide
· Dedicated personal tutor support
· Dedicated student support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· Exclusive Open Study College Pen
· Student study planner
· Three colour highlighter
· Student notebook
· Document wallet
· FREE NUS Extra card worth £12.00
· FREE CV writing service
WILL THE SAGE SOFTWARE WORK ON ANY COMPUTER?
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer.
DO I HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM?
Yes, if you wish to gain the formal Sage qualification. You will be required to sit an exam for each level of the course. However, if you would prefer to study the course without examinations, we can provide you with a certificate of completion.
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Students opting to take the Sage exams will need to pay examination fees, which are approximately £70 for each level of the qualification.
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us