Do you like to spend a lot of time on designing your nails to look good, just to take it off the following day to try out something new? Maybe you consider becoming a nail technician. Maybe you don`t have the skills you need to work as a nail technician? With our nail technician course you can do just that and that also from the comfort of your home!
This program prepares you to become a successful Nail Technician, offering practical advice and professional guidance built from industry experts.
· Study the newest techniques of nail enhancements and design
· Gain professional skills and become customer-focused
· Understand the industry relevant legislation and regulations
· Prepare to work within a salon or run your own business
· Understand the wider nail industry and the job opportunities within it
The course materials will be delivered to you, so it could not be easier. Our student friendly tutors will help you throughout the program. You may join at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by email, so handing in an assignment is convenient.
Remote learning is straightforward and stress-free, so register with us today!
This program includes your own FREE nail kit!
UNIT 1: HEALTH AND SAFETY
· Health and safety legislation
· Hygiene in the workplace
· Preventing infection
· Preparing for the client
· Your health and safety responsibilities
· Risk assessment
· First aid
· Fire precautions
· COSHH within the nail industry
· Data protection
· Security procedures
· Cash handling
UNIT 2: CUSTOMER RELATIONS
· Professional standards
· National Occupational Standards
· Client consultation
· New clients
· Regular clients
·Agreeing a treatment plan
· Giving aftercare advice
· Effective communication techniques ·
How to handle complaints
· Dealing with staff disputes or disagreements
UNIT 3: NAIL ENHANCEMENTS: APPLICATION AND MAINTENANCE
· Preparing your work area
· Seating and lighting
· Sterilising equipment
· Methods of sterilisation
· Nail enhancement products
· Other considerations
· Nail and skin analysis
· The structure of the skin
· The structure of the nail
· Nail growth
· Nail types
· Nail diseases and disorders
· Preparing the nail and applying tips
· Preparing the natural nail
· Different tips and their features
· Guidelines for choosing suitable tips
· Acrylic and powder enhancements
· Gel enhancements
· Fibreglass or silk (wrap system) enhancements
· Sculpture nail enhancements
UNIT 4: NAIL ART: DESIGN AND APPLICATION
· Equipment for nail art
· Consulting with clients
· Planning a nail art treatment
· How to design nail art
· Different nail art brushes
· Techniques and designs
· Charms and rhinestones
· Even lines and striping techniques
· Dots and circles
· Flower designs
· Using glitter
· How to apply nail transfers
· Applying foils
· Nail jewellery
· Airbrushing: equipment and techniques
UNIT 5: WORKING IN THE NAIL INDUSTRY
· Where can a nail technician work?
· Being your own boss
· Obtaining finance
· Self-employed status
· Marketing yourself
· Working for a company
· Working on a mobile basis
· Working on cruise ships ·
Working in the media industry
· Working in teaching
This course is assessed through regular written assignments, which are submitted to your course tutor. You do not need to appear for an external examination.
You may start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. We estimate the course to take about 120 hours to complete. This offers sufficient time and offers flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by online learning. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be provided to you. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support, so help is at your finger tips!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a level 3 NCFE certificate of achievement. That means that it is independently accredited at a level of learning equivalent to level 3 on The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (where level 2 and 3 courses are similar in difficulty to GCSEs and A Levels, respectively).
The training courses have been designed specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual's QCF level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved. This course has been accredited under NCFE IIQ Licence by Open Study College which has been approved as an NCFE Investing in Quality (IIQ) centre to give formal recognition to courses.
NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. These are Ofqual (the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator in England); the Welsh Government and CCEA (the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment) in Northern Ireland.
COURSE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED TO REGISTER ONTO THIS COURSE?
No previous knowledge is required to register onto this course
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF MY COURSE?
· Study guide
· Personal tutor support
· Assignment marking and feedback
· FREE NUS card worth £12.00
· FREE student record bag
· You will also receive a FREE Nail Technician Kit which includes:
· 10 x Emery boards
· 10 x Manicure sticks
· Rubber end stick
· Plastic nail brush
· Nail buffer
· Cuticle cream and cuticle oil
· Nail buffering cream
· Base coat, top coat, red nail varnish, pink nail varnish
· Clear Spatula
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS?
Everything you need is included in the price!
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
For further information please contact us